Mediterranean International Cup and R.C.D. Espanyol
One of the best international soccer tournaments in the world
espnSoccer is proud to offer you an amazing cultural and soccer experience in Spain. Starting in Barcelona, you will spend a few days training and preparing before you compete in one of the best international soccer tournaments in the world – The Mediterranean International Cup (MIC) !
Your stay in Barcelona will begin with training sessions with R.C.D. Espanyol professional Academy coaches. R.C.D. Espanyol plays in La Liga, the first division in Spain, and has won the Copa del Rey four times. One of their biggest rivalries is playing against local titan F.C. Barcelona in the Barcelona Derby. After training, your team will compete in a friendly game against a local Spanish youth team to practice what you’ve learned.
Your team will also have the opportunity to partake in cultural sightseeing in Barcelona, like visits to Parque Güell, Plaza Cataluña, and the Sagrada Familia. You will also tour one of the most impressive stadiums in Europe, Camp Nou, as well as its spectacular museum, trophy room, and megastore.
The MIC is one of the world’s top international soccer tournaments, offering players and supporters from all over the world the opportunity to combine soccer, culture, and fun in one of Europe’s most spectacular coastal regions – the Costa Brava. The Costa Brava is a charming region that offers gourmet dining experiences and breathtaking views. During the tournament, you will have the opportunity to sightsee, strolling through its streets and down its beautiful beaches, or sampling the area’s renowned gastronomy. With over 250 teams competing in the MIC every year, you will meet players from all over the world, making this a truly multicultural experience. Each team is guaranteed a minimum of four games during the tournament, a medical assistant at all games, an official tournament picture, and much more!
- More than 250 teams representing 40 nationalities and 5 continents
- 596 soccer games in 5 days
- More than 5,000 participants
- Live matches on TV and Internet
- 29 Stadiums
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
- Depart USA for Barcelona, Spain.
- Arrive at Barcelona El Prat International Airport.
- Transfer to accommodations.
- Free time to relax.
- Light training session with own coach.
- Training session with R.C.D. Espanyol Academy coaches # 1 at the Dani Jarque complex.
- Competitive match #1 vs. top quality Spanish opponent.
- Training session with R.C.D. Espanyol Academy coaches # 2 at the Dani Jarque complex.
- Tour F.C. Barcelona’s Camp Nou stadium museum and megastore.
- Check into MIC hotel.
- 1st round games.
- MIC 2018 Opening Ceremony.
- 1st round games.
- Free time on your own to enjoy Costa Brava (Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar, Begur, Palamos, etc).
- Play off games in the morning and afternoon.
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals.
- *Attend La Liga match: R.C.D. Espanyol vs. Leganés or Girona vs Levante (*optional and additional cost. Game scheduled for Saturday, could be moved to Sunday.)
- Final round games.
- Finals and trophy ceremony.
- Guided City Tour of Barcelona (Parque Güell, Plaza Cataluña, Sagrada Familia)
- Depart from Barcelona, Spain.
"A fun trip with a high level of attention that provides an extremely professional response from the college player. Fantastic!"
"We really enjoyed the whole experience – the tournament, tour guides and bus driver were wonderful. The hotels we stayed at were excellent. The City of Futbol was fantastic!"