Mediterranean International Cup and Atletico de Madrid
One of the best international soccer tournaments in the world
espnSoccer is proud to offer young players of all ages and abilities the opportunity to experience the Spanish passion and style of play at Atlético de Madrid. Atlético prides itself on being one of the most comprehensive football and values training centers in the world. The club is also proud of its homegrown footballers, like Gabi, Fernando Torres, Lucas, Koke, Thomas, and Saúl. Each of these talents was developed in the Atlético Academy, and is now a member of the first team. This training program offers valuable insight into the youth development systems of Atlético de Madrid that produced these greats.
Atlético de Madrid is La Liga’s third most successful club, behind Real Madrid C.F. and F.C. Barcelona, having been crowned La Liga Champions on ten occasions. In all competitions, Atlético de Madrid is the fourth most successful club in Spanish football, behind F.C. Barcelona, Real Madrid C.F. and Athletic Bilbao. In addition to winning ten La Liga titles, Atlético has won the Copa del Rey ten times, the Europa League in 2010 and 2012, and the UEFA Super Cup in 2010 and 2012.
The MIC is one of the world’s top international soccer tournaments, offering players and supporters from all over the world the opportunity to combine soccer, culture, and fun in one of Europe’s most spectacular coastal regions – the Costa Brava. The Costa Brava is a charming region that offers gourmet dining experiences and breathtaking views. During the tournament, you will have the opportunity to sightsee, strolling through its streets and down its beautiful beaches, or sampling the area’s renowned gastronomy. With over 250 teams competing in the MIC every year, you will meet players from all over the world, making this a truly multicultural experience. Each team is guaranteed a minimum of four games during the tournament, a medical assistant at all games, an official tournament picture, and much more!
- More than 250 teams representing 40 nationalities and 5 continents
- 596 soccer games in 5 days
- More than 5,000 participants
- Live matches on TV and Internet
- 29 Stadiums
- Tournament: Mediterranean International Cup
- Club: Atletico de Madrid
- Dates: Spring 2021
- Locations: Madrid and Costa Brava, Spain
DON’T MISS OUT ON THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
- Depart for Madrid, Spain (North American teams only).
- Arrive at Madrid Barajas Adolfo Suarez International Airport in Spain.
- Check into accommodations and free time to relax.
- Light training session with own coach.
- *Attend La Liga match (*optional and additional cost, subject to availability).
- Training session with Atlético de Madrid Academy coach #1.
- Guided city tour of Madrid, including the Palacio Royal, Plaza Mayor, and Puerta del Sol.
- Sightseeing in historic city of Toledo, UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Competitive match #1 vs. top quality Spanish opponent.
- Training session with Atlético de Madrid Academy coach #2.
- Tour Real Madrid C.F.’s Santiago Bernabeu Stadium, museum and megastore.
- 1 st round games.
- Free time on your own to enjoy Costa Brava (Lloret de Mar, Tossa de Mar, Begur, Palamos, etc).
- Play off games in the morning and afternoon.
- Quarterfinals and Semifinals.
- *Attend La Liga match: R.C.D. Espanyol vs. Leganés or Girona vs Levante (*optional and additional cost. Game scheduled for Saturday, could be moved to Sunday.)
- Final round games.
- Finals and trophy ceremony.
- Transfer back to Madrid.
- Check into hotel and time to pack.
- Depart from Madrid, Spain.
"A fun trip with a high level of attention that provides an extremely professional response from the college player. Fantastic!"
"We really enjoyed the whole experience – the tournament, tour guides and bus driver were wonderful. The hotels we stayed at were excellent. The City of Futbol was fantastic!"